Monday, October 20, 2014

OOTD- How to Feel Like A Grown Up

This is my new fake it til you make it dress from ASOS.
Let me elaborate. 

On days I have meetings I'm not overly confident about or just generally woke up feeling a bit blah and in need of a boost in "Im-a-professional-grown-up-with-a-real-job" game this has become my go to outfit.


I actually listed this ASOS dress in my last Midi Wishlist. It was sold out for a while but is now back in stock, so take a look here if you would like to. Initially after arriving I wasn't wow'ed. The material is rather thick and I felt a bit frumpy in it. Somehow it grew on me and now I love it.  Especially after ordering the metallic belt for it(Link). I think the problem lay that it was a bit wide from the waist and didn't nip it in as much as I would have liked. That however is needed as the pleating of the skirt is generous and rather full.

It does have a deep V-neck but nothing crazy revealing if you are not blessed with bigger boobage.

The "grown up" outfit always includes heels and red lip of course. The great things with this dress is that white can be worn with any color accressories so I do tend to swap the heels according to the mood. Today I went with my Topshop pink heels which due to the fact they were on sale are now sold out. NARS Dragon Girl (Link) was the lipstick of choice.

Whats your confidence booster outfit? Before this one arrived mine used to always be a black dress.

5 comments:

  1. I've been eyeing up this dress on asos for ages - looks like I might have to take the plunge!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its lovely! I say take the plunge! I think thanks to the thick material it would work well with boots and tights also. x

      Delete
  2. Yes I have a black dress, very simple but it's perfect for meetings and goes easily from day to night with the addition of the right necklace.

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree, black always look good and classy x

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous!
    Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete